We harvested the cherry tree a few weeks ago and I after discovering the cherry pitter the previous residence left in the house (amazing invention) I decided to try to make a quick cherry version of my lazy girl apple pastry. I’m pretty sure you can switch out any fruit and this would be great. All the more reason to always have puff pastry in the freezer!
What You Need
- puff pastry (1 sheet makes 6 servings)
- cherries (about 4-5 per serving)
What to Do
I just made two pieces by breaking off one fold of one piece of puff pastry. Let the puff pastry thaw and cut in half. Cut the cherries in half and lay over the puff pastry. Sprinkle generously with sugar and add a little cinnamon. Bake at 400 F until puff pastry is golden brown, about 15 minutes. And serve with ice cream.
And for a bonus if you’ve got vegans or lactose problematic people the tarts are vegan (obviously without the ice cream). I hope you like it. They were super tasty and easy to make.
- puff pastry 1 sheet makes 6 servings
- cherries about 4-5 per serving
- Let the puff pastry thaw and cut into individual serving size.
- Cut the cherries in half and lay over the puff pastry.
- Sprinkle generously with sugar and add a little cinnamon.
- Bake at 400 F until puff pastry is golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream.
You also might like: