This is one of our regular rotation dinners. If you’ve read my What’s For Dinner posts you probably have seen it in my weekly menus. I like this recipe because it’s relatively easy, if you have frozen chicken the other ingredients last forever so it’s easy to have them on hand, and it’s yummy. It’s one of those meals that you don’t have to be in the mood for it’s tasty and filling whenever.
- 1 medium yam
- 2 small to medium potatoes
- 2 chicken thighs
- garlic salt
- grated (or powder) parmesan
- Italian herbs
What to do
- Cut potatoes in wedges.
- Microwave white potatoes with a spray of oil (or butter or olive oil) for 1 minute. Stir. Add the yams and microwave for an additional minute and stir. UPDATE: I’ve had success skipping this step and putting the potatoes in without the chicken for about 10 minutes first
- Toss with garlic salt. Pour into baking dish. Sprinkle herbs and parmesan on top.
- Cut under side of thighs so they open more. Lay on top of potatoes, sprinkle with more sprinkle herbs and parmesan on top. Spray with oil.
- Bake at 450 for 20-45 minutes. Don’t add any more oil the chicken has plenty already. Sometimes I adjust the chicken part way through so the potatoes are covered differently. (this serves 2 but can easily be doubled)
We love this recipe so much it’s one that’s in our regular dinner rotation so easy to make and it always tastes yummy!
Looking for other great chicken ideas? Here’s a super tasty and delicious Chicken Artichoke Alfredo recipe.
And do you know how to quickly and beautifully carve chicken? Great tips that can even be used on a rotisserie chicken or Thanksgiving turkey.
Let’s connect! You can also find me hanging out here.