Until a few years ago I was a mushroom hater. But after one fantastic mushroom risotto I can’t get enough. We love this quick and easy recipe for cream of mushroom soup. It’s pretty light since the cream is really minimal but it’s super tasty and greatfor a weeknight meal.
Recipe Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 8 oz pack of mushrooms (I usually use whole mushrooms but they were all out this time)
- 1/2 small onion
- 1 potato peeled and diced
- 2 TBS butter
- 1 TBS chicken granuels
- 1/4 C heavy Cream
What to Do
- Chop mushrooms, onion and potato
- Saute with the butter in pot big enough for the whole recipe.
- Add 4 C hot water bring to a boil and add chicken granuels
- Blend with immersion blender (or you could use a regular blender)
- Add another 4 C water
- Add cream and stir
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
So easy right? It goes perfectly with Cheesey Jalapeno Rolls. I know it’s really basic but it’s good old comfort food perfect for when you don’t know what you feel like.