On my bread making binge where I made those yummy pretzel rolls last year I messed around with a couple recipes and I came up with this. Easy and tasty. I thought I’d share it in case you wanted a new roll idea for Thanksgiving or any other holiday get together.
Parmesan Dinner Rolls
For the Dough
1 cup warm milk
2 1/4 teaspoon yeast (1 pack)
1 T salt
4 1/2 to 5 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup parmesan
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
2 T butter
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 egg white
- In mixer combine yeast, sugar, and warm water and milk; let bubble for about 5 minutes.
- Add in oil and egg.
- Slowly add 2 cups flour, mix and then add salt.
- Add 1/2 cup flour at a time until it comes away from side of bowl. The dough will be very sticky but the softer the dough the lighter the bread. So use the least amount of flour you can handle.
- Let rise in mixing bowl for about 30 minutes.
- Form in to rolls (pulling sides under, tucking the sides and and pinching into balls )
- Let rise and additional 30 minutes.
- Melt butter and let cool. Beat egg white and combine with the rest of the topping ingredients. Press combination onto the top of each roll.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-20 minutes. Cover with foil if the topping is getting to brown.
JOIN THE COOL KIDS
Get quick and easy recipes + crafts straight to your inbox!
Yum!! I love bread and this looks outstanding! Thanks for sharing!
These look so good! Thanks for sharing! Shay :) http://raisingdieter.blogspot.com/
Fran Wisniewski says
Look delicious! Can’t wait to try them!
Simply AJ says
These rolls look awesome. Always looking for a new dinner roll recipe – will have to try your recipe. My gang loves rolls like this with parmesan toppings.
Couple of quick Questions -while reviewing your ingredients I will assume the 2 1/4 (1 pack) is the yeast? Also, (third bullet) you refer to adding cinnamon chips – I am assuming this is not part of this recipe and I should strike out that part.
Thanks so much for sharing this recipe. I stopped over from the linky party at Six Sisters’ Stuff.
yes on the pack and oops on the cinnamon chips I probably used the layout of an old recipe and forgot to edit that I’m going to change that now thanks for letting me know!
Its So Very Cheri says
YOU are my featured blogger “SPOTLIGHT YOURSELF” in my SATURDAY SHOWCASE. Come on over and check it out and grab a featured button (down in my footer.
Cheri from Its So Very Cheri
Congrats this was one of last week’s features. Please stop by a grab a button and link up another fabulous project.http://trophyw.blogspot.com/2011/11/linky-17-will-linky-forchristmas-cheer.html
Wag Doll says
These look delicious!