On my bread making binge where I made those yummy pretzel rolls last year I messed around with a couple recipes and I came up with this. Easy and tasty. I thought I’d share it in case you wanted a new roll idea for Thanksgiving or any other holiday get together.
Parmesan Dinner Rolls
For the Dough
1 cup warm milk
2 1/4 teaspoon yeast (1 pack)
1 T salt
4 1/2 to 5 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup parmesan
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
2 T butter
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 egg white
- In mixer combine yeast, sugar, and warm water and milk; let bubble for about 5 minutes.
- Add in oil and egg.
- Slowly add 2 cups flour, mix and then add salt.
- Add 1/2 cup flour at a time until it comes away from side of bowl. The dough will be very sticky but the softer the dough the lighter the bread. So use the least amount of flour you can handle.
- Let rise in mixing bowl for about 30 minutes.
- Form in to rolls (pulling sides under, tucking the sides and and pinching into balls )
- Let rise and additional 30 minutes.
- Melt butter and let cool. Beat egg white and combine with the rest of the topping ingredients. Press combination onto the top of each roll.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-20 minutes. Cover with foil if the topping is getting to brown.