So I finally took the plunge. After 3 years of thinking I’d like to try this whole green smoothie thing I just did it.
Now I am NOT a health nut. I have a policy if I’m going to be eat it, it better be worth the calories.
But I have found some easy food swaps and healthy lifestyle tips that I think are worth it and these green smoothies are at the top of that list!
More Healthy Ideas You May Like
- Creamy 20 Minute Zoodles – these are my favorite!
- Noom – it gets your whole brain in on helping you develop healthy habits. Do the free trial, set an alarm to cancel and if you love it continue, if not, I bet you’ll still have learned something for free!
- Meal Planning – here are all the reasons why I LOOOOVE meal planning and some good tips for success
- A bazillion free Weekly Meal plans!
- Cauliflower Mash – this is a good swap for mashed potatoes, they don’t tastes exactly the same but they are yummy creamy and so much more nutritional!
I’ve been drawn to these green smoothies since my neighbor first told me about them back when we lived at the condos. I found a couple of combos that I really enjoy (I’ve been drinking them every morning).
I’m someone who has to force herself to eat veggies and would eat bacon and cookies every morning so trust me when I say you can’t taste the “green” in these.
Orange Wake Me Up Green Smoothie
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 3-4 slices frozen peaches
- 1/2 C frozen mango
- 1/2 C cantaloupe (optional)
- coconut juice to desired consistency.
Strawberry Orange Breakfast
- 2 handfuls spinach
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 orange
- orange juice to desired consistency
I put my bag of spinach in the freezer just so it last longer and I think it blends up easier but I did it once with fresh leaves and it was almost the same.
TIP: I will often use mixed berries instead of just strawberries for this one!
First blend spinach up. Then add the rest of the ingredients. Blend. If you want it thicker add 1-2 cubes of ice. If you want it thinner add more juice. I start with about 1/4 to 1/2 cup juice. I’m weird and don’t like drinking thick stuff out of a straw so I prefer it thicker and I eat it with a spoon. (these make one glass)
If you’ve been thinking of trying green smoothies I think these are good ones to start with. Also I’ve got a ninja blender and I absolutely LOVE it. It blends things up like a charm and my favorite part is that it has 3 different sized chambers and the smallest is perfect for 1 smoothie. If you’re a green smoothie pro I’d love to hear what some of your favorite combinations are.
You May Also Like:
My trick to how to professionally hem knits on a regular sewing machine.
BEST Crock Pot Corned Beef Roast recipe.