It’s a good time to be a reader. It seems like SO many great books are coming out lately. I never feel like I have enough time but even more so lately. Even so I’ve been just flying through my stacks and devouring as much as I can since I know a bunch of books I’m super looking forward to will be available soon.
Here are the books that I WILL be reading this Spring. Some are ones I’ve put off for far too long and will make sure to finally check off the list, some are highly anticipated sequels and some just look plain awesome. Linking up with The Broke and the Bookish and Breaking the Spine.
And be sure to check back in tomorrow night to link up any post you want to promote at my What We Wore, Read, and Made Link Party (starting every tuesday night).
- The Fault In Our Starts – I’ve been putting this off because I’m afraid of crying but I’ve heard such amazing things and The Book Club voted for it so it will be read.
- Pretty Girl -13 – really cool psychological thriller story
- Clockwork Princess – umm duh William Herondale?!!!
- Transparent – this sounds so interesting
- Dark Triumph – Oh how I adored Grave Mercy! Lucky me got an advance copy of DT and I’m loving it so far. Plus Robin is coming to SLC April 4th (who wants to go to the signing with me?)
- Pivot Point – I went to Kasie’s signing a few weeks ago but haven’t read the book yet but it sounds so good.
- Everbound – My copy of Everybound has already made it’s rounds with my friends and family and they gave rave reviews (I’ve really heard only good things) so I’m excited to get to this myself.
- The Ward – You know how I can’t get enough of my dystopian tales, well this one looks super interesting.
- Apollyon – These books are like a drug. I’m twitching just thinking of how bad I want to read this one.
- Warm Bodies – Another of the book club pics, you know since the movie is out and all. My sister gave up on it and I’ve heard some rough things so I”m nervous. I might wait until I can get my hands on the audiobook.
- Override – You already know how I really liked Glitch so I’m excited to see what’s next in the story.
- Burn for Burn – I’ve had this in my stack for ages from Literally Jen. I loved the Summer series by Jenny Han and I have high hopes for this one now just to get to it!
JOIN THE COOL KIDS
Get quick and easy recipes + crafts straight to your inbox!
I’ve heard good things about Warm Bodies from friends at GR, I think I’m going to have to bump it up the list ;) Great list, happy reading!
Here’s my TTT =)
I really want to watch Warm Bodies but no one would go with me. (sighs) This is the 3rd blog that listed Pretty Girl-13 so now I will go check to see what’s the hype!
Debra Hawkins says
Loved Everbound. I am counting down the days to Will Herondale, because duh, Will Herondale. I am so nervous for it. I want it to be amazing!
So many books here that I want to read! I can’t really say of any of them are good or not (I’ve only read John Green from your list and loved it!) but I’ve heard great things.
Hope you have a fantastic Spring reading all these great books!
Fab list Marissa! I liked Warm Bodies the book, but if you can believe it I think I preferred the movie. I’m eager for Clockwork Princess too, and yes Transparent does sound intriguing. You have some great spring reading ahead of you!
Randi M says
ohmygosh The Fault in Our Stars – one of my favorites! I hope you love it. I totally agree on Clockwork Princess (except to say….Team Jem!). ;) Great list!
Randi @ Cardigans, Coffee and Bookmarks
I can’t wait to read Clockwork Princess. I LOVED The Fault in Our Stars!
Angelica @ Paperback Princess says
Marissa I’m looking forward to reading Pivot Point and Everbound.
Here’s my Top Ten Tuesday.
Have a great week!
julie tearjerky says
Ugh, I forgot The Fault in Our Stars. It’s on my TBR list for so long now. We have Warm Bodies in common, anyway and I’m excited to read it! :)
Here’s my Top Ten btw! :)
You are going to LOVE The Fault in our Stars, just make sure to have some tissues handy. Also, Warm Bodies was a major pleasant surprise, which I’m sure you will thoroughly enjoy.
Amber (Books of Amber) says
I loooooooooooooooooooooooove x100 Pivot Point! Such a great book. Pretty Girl Thirteen was also a great read. Very heartbreaking! Burn for Burn is a great revenge story XD
Books of Amber
I’ve been putting off the Fault in Our Stars for the SAME REASON. I know I’ll love it, but still!
Thanks for your list. I’ve added a few to my list!
Nikki R says
This is a great list! The Fault in our Stars is amazing – but bring tissues. And I loved Warm Bodies and can’t recommend it enough, so I hope you enjoy that one!
Nikki @ There were books involved…
Pivot Point! Everbound! Warm Bodies! I loved all of those! I really hope you enjoy them as well! :-) You picked some great books for your list! I’m also looking forward to Clockwork Princess, Apollyon, Transparent, Pretty Girl-13, and The Ward.
My TTT :-)
Lindsay @Artsy-Fartsy Mama says
I love that you share all these books! I am always looking for something great to read! :)
[email protected] says
The Ward! Pivot Point! Everbound! Pretty Girl-13! You have some great titles on your list there :D Happy reading!
TTT [email protected].
Jenni Elyse says
I adored Everbound! I hope you like it too! And, I really want to read Warm Bodies too! I want to see the movie too, lol. So much to read, so little time!
My TTT Post
Vi Nguyen says
Girl, you will love Everbound & Warm Bodies. I SO wanna read Pretty Girl-13 and Pivot Point is next on the pile for me. Didn’t really care for Burn tho and Glitch was okay, so I’m sure I’ll read Override some day. Great pile!
Confessions of a Vi3tBabe
I literally, LITERALLY, gasped out loud twice in the last 20 pages of Everbound. And now I have to wait for the last one. INJUSTICE!