Over 100 awesome books for Divergent Fans. Know someone trying to figure out what to read after Harry Potter and Divergent? This is the ultimate reading list!
I loved the Divergent books so much so I thought I’d make a massive gigantor list of books for Divergent fans. I know that Divergent struck a chord with so many of us and whether you have been reading ever since or you just keep meaning to find another book I’ve got some great suggestions for your reading list.
Between all the books in all of these series there are well over 100 books in this list so plenty for you to pick from. Since there are so many I’m breaking them down into different groups.
I’m not putting any descriptions just because that would make the post crrrrraaaaazy long. But I’m linking all the books so feel free to click on the titles to read the synopses on amazon.
I’ll make sure to update this list as I read other great books and if I have missed any of your favorites please leave them in the comments and I’ll make sure to add them too!
My Top Books for Divergent Lovers
These books are some of my favorites. Most of them are series. Actually all of them except Atlantia. So there are a lot of books in that bunch. Some are finished some are new and still have books coming out.
All of them I adored. When I think of Divergent I think of Tris and her strong personality, action and fighting, romance and friendship, sassy banter, a political/social setting that is off or dystopian.
Each of these share many of these features. Some are more realistic like Divergent and some have magical elements. All of them are great! And some I’ve grown to love even more than Divergent (gasp, I know don’t tell okay).
- Legend Trilogy by Marie Lu
- The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer (starts with Cinder)
- The Lone City Trilogy by Amy Ewing (starts with The Jewel)
- Snow Like Ashes by Sarah Raasch
- The Program by Suzanne Young
- Insignia by S.J. Kincaid
- Pivot Point by Kasie West
- Fire and Thorn Series by Rae Carson (starts with Girl of Fire and Thorns)
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore
- Dualed by Elsie Chapman
- The Selection by Kiera Cass
- Atlantia by Ally Condie
- Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
- Blackout by Robison Wells
- The Ward by Jordana Frankel
- Chemical Garden by Lauren DeStefano (starts with Wither)
Classics of Sorts, If You Haven’t Read Them You Should I Love These!
These are books I loved very very much many in their own right or before Divergent. But I do think those who loved Divergent will appreciate these. I’m giving them their own category since many of you have probably read them :)
- The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
- Ender’s Game and then The Shadow Series by Orson Scott Card
- The Harry Potter Books by J.K. Rowling
- The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
- Vampire Academy and then Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
I Liked These Too But I’d Recommend Them After The First Two Groups
- Delirium Trilogy by Lauren Oliver
- Partials Sequence by Dan Wells
- Matched Trilogy by Ally Condie
- Birthmarked by Caragh M. O’Brien
- Reboot by Amy Tintera
- Glitch by Heather Anastasiu
- Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris
- Everneath by Brodi Ashton
- Incarceron by Catherine Fisher
- Legend of Tril by Heather Brewer (starts with Soulbound)
- Uglies by Scott Westerfield (I haven’t finished this series yet)
I Read These and I Know Lots of People Who Liked Divergent Liked These But They Weren’t My Favs
So here’s the deal with these books, I read them but for one reason or another they were not my favorites. Most of these series I didn’t like enough to finish.
Whether I couldn’t jive with the characters, the writing style irritated me, or some other personal reason I didn’t love these. But that being said you might. I can see why other people liked that (and many many people do) so you might want to check them out.
- The Maze Runner by James Dashner
- Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
- The Giver by Lois Lowry
- Dustlands by Moira Young (starts with Blood Red Road)
- The Razorland Trilogy by Ann Aguirre (starts with Enclave)
- Across the Universe by Beth Revis
I Have Not Read These Personally But I’ve Heard People Love These
- Fever Series by Karen Marie Moning (not YA starts with Darkfever)
- White Rabbit Chronicles by Gena Showalter (starts with Alice in Zombieland)
- Hourglass by Myra McEntire
- Firelight by Sophie Jordan
- Article 5 by Kristen Simmons
- Slated by Teri Terry
- Variant by Robison Wells
- Chaos Walking by Patrick Ness (starts with The Knife of Never Letting Go)
- Gone by Michael Grant
- Fallen World by Megan Crewe (starts with The Way We Fall)
- The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken
- Unwind by Neal Schustman
- Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder
Love all things bookish? You should check these posts out too!
A giant Harry Potter Reading list all sorted by categories of what you loved about the Harry Potter Series!
Feeling festive? You also might like my Divergent crafts, recipes and DIY projects article. Want even more Divergent awesomeness? I have a whole category on my blog of Divergent related book posts, reviews, craft ideas, recipes, and more see all my Divergent posts!
Do you love Harry Potter too? I have tons of great Harry Potter related posts for you to check out! This one includes a link to all the posts that were a part of my 2014 Happy Harry Potter series that I hold every July.
And for more book suggestions you can see all my book reviews here!