This week’s Top Ten with The Broke and the Bookish is a freebie so I decided with all my series reading I should share some stand alones that really stood out to me. As much as I love a good series (really I just want more and more Ender and Potter books) sometimes it’s nice to have the complete story in one volume. So here are some of my favorites stand alone books.
- Parallel – A great book that lives out the question what if my life had gone differently. A fun mix of contemporary and light sci-fi.
- Pretty Girl-13 – This book is an intense story of a girl coming back from serious abuse and putting her life back together. A psychological thriller.
- The Sky is Everywhere – One of my favorite contemporary reads. A beautiful story of sisterhood, family, love, and survival.
- Airman – This is such a good midgrade book. Such a wonderful tale about making the best of a bad situation, perseverance, hope, and survival.
- The Host – I know there are rumors of a sequel but this book stands on it’s own. It’s a bit of a slow starter but once it picks up it’s great. Wonderful questions of personal identity, morality and some great romance.
- Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares – Probably the cutest book I have EVER read. A fun light read written journal style between two characters, perfect for book lovers everywhere. Plus some of the most loveable characters I have encountered.
- Forgotten – What if every day you woke up and you couldn’t remember the past? And what if you could remember bits of the future. Instead of “remember” but checking her memories she has to look into what she knows is going on tomorrow. It’s such a fun set up with great characters and interesting twist and just the right amount of romance.
- The Book Thief – Life growing up in Nazi Germany was hard but not without beauty. This tale has it’s share of heart ache but the love and friendship that you get are amazing.
- Ready Player One – If you are a geek you will love this one. Video games, 80’s awesomeness, and adventure. This is such a fun book.
- The Night Circus – I fell in love with this book. It is absolutely beautiful. The story of a mysterious circus which really is the stage for a strange magic competition. I adored watching the circus come together and the romance bloom.
And I also wanted to invite you all to participate in June’s bookish photo challenge just follow the prompts and share related photos on Instagram or Twiter and tag them #rgrphotoaday. Feel free to join in as much or as little as your schedule permits. Also see what everyone has been linking up for May! Follow me on Instagram @raegunramblings.