Some times you just want to put on a cape and mask and save the world. I made this fun cape and super hero mask that made a 4 year old birthday boy really happy. They were so quick and easy I wanted to share. Today I’m just sharing the mask tutorial and click here for the superhero cape tutorial pattern and tutorial (I’m just going to be honest the process pictures for those are on my external hard drive that is oh like 10 feet away from me and I don’t feel like getting off the couch)
What You Need
- Mask Pattern (below)
- Elastic Cording
- Fabric Marker
What To Do
- Print off pattern and cut out.
- Trace onto felt. I like to use a fabric marker then I can just wet it in case there is any ink left after I cut everything out.
- Cut out shape.
- Measure cording. I held the mask up to a face and measured the cording that I’d need. It was a gift so I just did a tiny bit tighter than for an adult.
- lay the end of the cording on the mask so that it goes towards the middle of the mask. Sew back and forth.
- Then fold the cording as shown above to the opposite side so it is going in the other direction and sew back and forth going over both portions of the cording.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Hand to your resident super hero for hours of fun.
This mask is big enough for adults too if you want to play along. I made the eye holes extra large so that it would be a little easier for the little guys to see through it. Next week I’ll share my tutorial on how I made the cape to go with the mask.