Make sure you’re prepared next time you head to the shore. Here are my top ten beach reads! Want more adventure check out these great books!
Whether you are heading for a real vacation on the water or just dreaming about taking one, these light and easy books are perfect!
Great books to Read at the Beach
This week’s Top Ten Tuesday with The Broke and The Bookish is “beach reads”.
- The Summer Trilogy I just adored this trilogy that starts with The Summer I Turned Pretty. It’s a sweet story of a girl growing up, childhood family friends, Summer vacation, and romance. I loved them. It will definitely get you in the mood for the beach.
- The Throne of Glass is a great choice If you feel like some action and romance. The story is full of political intrigue, awesome fighting, and some swoonable boys. It’s a fun action filled book with great characters and an interesting story.
- Wake there’s a lot of beach and swimming action in this interesting mythology retelling.
- Divergent is one of my all time favorite books. If you haven’t made time to read this yet you should. It’s a great dystopian with lots of action and interesting ideas. It’s not your standard beach book but just line the Hunger Games book it’s one of those stories that would be great to read while at the beach.
- Starcrossed is another greek mythology retelling. Much of the story takes place along the waterfront and it’s great.
- The Raven Boys – I’ve raved about this before but the combo of mystery, adventure and cute witty boys makes it a perfect pick for taking with on a relaxing beach outing.
- Percy Jackson or really any of Rick Riordan’s books. All three series are fun light hearted read and the Percy books take place over Summer break so it’s a perfect book read.
- Soulbound is a fun action filled book if you liked Vampire Academy or have a inkling for some paranormal romance this is a good one that isn’t too heavy.
- Along for the Ride is my favorite of the Dessen books that I’ve read. Sweet contemporary romance perfect for reading on the beach.
- 13 Little Blue Envelops is a lovely story about travel and learning more about yourself. It’s a sweet contemporary that hits some tough issues without being too heavy.
You also might like:
This is my favorite homemade fabric mask. I tried all the styles and this fit the best and it’s easy to make.
This tasty pasole recipe is so good and just takes 15 minutes with only 5 ingredients!
If you want a DIY no-sew face mask option this is super easy, has great coverage and stays in place.