Do you say grilled cheese or toasted cheese? If you say Toasted (or toasty) cheese I’m not sure we can be friends. Okay maybe I won’t go that far but I am determined that my child will call it grilled cheese and not toasted cheese like my husband because come on people it’s GRILLED there is no toaster in sight. All that is to say that today I have a revamped all grown up Chicken Cordon Bleu Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipe for you all!
This fancied up grilled cheese sandwich is SO easy and and so yummy. It’s got a bit more refined ingredients than your normal processed cheese and wonder bread but it’s just as fast and easy.
- Sourdough Bread
- Spray Oil
- Cooked Chicken, chopped
- Brie Cheese
- Deli Sliced Ham
- Baby Spinach
- Roasted Garlic Salt
Start by spraying your bread with oil and sprinkle with garlic salt on the OUTSIDE of each slice. Then layer your ingredients onto one piece of bread and top with the other piece. Grill either on a medium hot pan, skillet or Pannini Press.
I absolutely adore my pannini press definitely worth the money and counter space! It sits out on my counter and we use it all the time. Also I’m kind of a pro at burning grilled cheese and this takes the guess work out. After your first try and getting the right setting you don’t have to be as careful as when using a pan or skillet. I lurrrrve it! Plate it up with a tasty salad and you’ve got a speedy and delicious meal.
I’m sharing this a s a part of Foodie Extravaganza. Foodie Extravaganza is where we celebrate obscure food holidays or cook and bake together with the same ingredient or theme each month. This month we celebrate National Grilled Cheese Month by serving up sandwiches.
- Bacon Apple Mascarpone Grilled Cheese from Lauren at Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Caramelized Onion Bacon Grilled Cheese from Rebekah at Making Miracles
- Chicken Bacon and Avocado Grilled Cheese from Jacklyn at Mrs. Penguin
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Grilled Cheese from Marissa at Rae Gun Ramblings
- Crusty Griddle Baked Quesadillas with Poblano Rajas from Wendy at A Day in the Life on the Farm
- French Toast Grilled Cheese with Balsamic Berry Compote from Joy at The Joyful Foodie
- Grilled Cheese in the Garden from Camilla at Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Grilled Cheese with Caramelized Onions and Spinach from Tara at Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Ham, Apple and Sharp Cheddar Grilled Cheese from Carlee at Cooking With Carlee
- Mac and Cheese Grilled Cheese from Lauren at From Gate to Plate
- Muffuletta Grilled Cheese from Stacy at Food Lust People Love
- Southern Grilled Cheese from Teri at The Freshman Cook
- Spicy Pear Grilled Cheese from Kelly at Passion Kneaded
Follow our Foodie Extravaganza Pinterest board for past events and more deliciousness!