Have you ever made cookie pops with lollipops? They are so easy and fun and I thought I’d take them up a notch by making them with easy marbled sugar cookie dough.
I’m excited to be sharing this as part of a National Craft Month celebration hosted by 100 Directions. I really can’t resist Fun Food I think it’s because it happily combines my cooking and crafty sides.
I really can’t resist Fun Food I think it’s because it happily combines my cooking and crafty sides.
This cookie dough recipe is one of my favorites it tastes great and cuts out shapes wonderfully. When you add the suckers they give the cookies a fun little stained glass window effect and of course you have the built in handle!
World’s Best Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- Food Coloring (I like this gel kind)
- Lollipops (I’ve used Trader Joe’s suckers as well as these mini ones)
- Mix flour, baking soda and cream of tartar in a small mixing bow.
- Cream sugar, butter, egg, vanilla, almond extract together with a mixer in a separate bowl.
- Add dry ingredients and mix well.
- If wanting to dye the dough separate out into groups. Add a food coloring until you reach your desired color. I do it in the mixer starting with the lighter color but if you’re doing very different colors it might be worth wiping down or even washing the bowl and paddle in between since sometimes small bits of food coloring isn’t obvious.
- Divide into at least 2 balls. If you’re coloring them you’re probably good this is just so you can work with a smaller amount of dough at a time.
- Refrigerate at least 2-3 hours.
- Roll out dough as thin as you can and layer the second color on top. It’s okay if it doesn’t come up in a nice sheet it will still look fun. Roll into a long tube. Cut arosss to make discs. Press down with a rolling pin and roll a until it’s barely bigger than your cookie cutter. My discs were about 1 inch thick. And then you want to make it about 1/4 an inch thick before you are ready to cut.
- Cut in desired shapes.
- To make the pops lay a lollipop on top of your cookie, no need to press just lay it where you want.
- Bake at 375 F for 7-8 minutes.
I love how the hard candy melts and makes kind of a glass center in the cookie. The kids think these are the coolest too!
You also might like these posts:
The best trick for perfect chocolate covered strawberries.
Great tips for new moms, share with your pregnant friends.
Get’s crispy and tastes like deep fried chicken but just cooked in the oven with a tiny bit of butter.