Today’s Top Ten Tuesday topic is “10 books I wish could have sequels”. And for me I wish that the books on my list could have sequels just for the pure fact that I absolutely loved them, the characters, the world, and the story. If I’m honest with myself these books are actually perfect how they are so maybe I’m really asking for non-traditional sequels and while we’re doing that how about we add a few spin-offs to completed series.
- The Night Circus – This is one of my favorite books every. I would love a spin off book maybe from Poppet and Widget’s perspective or following the previous contestants or some other manner of a spin off since I’m not sure a true sequel would be possible.
- Parallel – I’m not at all complaining about the ending. I actually think it was kind of perfect but I love the story, characters, and ideas so so much I would love more.
- Transparent – I know that this is being sold as a standalone but I loved this spin on kids with super powers that I really really really hope that we get a sequel.
- The Sea of Tranquility – Great and complete how it is but I could see a sequel being great in the way that Where She Went was a great follow up to If I stay.
- Harry Potter – I know I know there are already TONS, but I desperately want more. I want prequels and I want
- Graceling – I love all these books. I want more and more and more. Kristen Cashore is a magician when it comes to sequels so I’m sure she could give us many more in this great world.
- The Challenge and The Academy (Steel Trapp series) – I was really getting into these books. Come on kid spys yup sounds pretty fun but then there hasn’t been a book in this series since 2010 boo. I was really liking the direction these were headed.
- Requiem – I know that’s kinda Lauren Oliver’s thing, the no real resolution ending but seriously that was way way way too open. Way too many loose ends. It freaking ends mid-fight I would like more.
- Invisibility – I liked it alright but I would love another installment. Not only did I enjoy the process of this story and the characters so I’d like more of them but I just thought the whole conflict resolution thing was strange/week I’d like a bit more.
- Life As We Knew It – For the love, please NO MORE SEQUELS. I was roped into the first three thinking there would be some resolution, but the depression level just gets worse and worse with each book. Serious these books made me majorly anxious and gave no real hope. Unless someone tells me that there is a happily ever after with the next one I vow not to read them. Don’t get me wrong they are well written, quick reads, that totally suck you in but boy are they downers.
And there’s still time if you want to play along. Here are the August prompts for the Rae Gun Ramblings bookish photoaday challenge do it as little or as much as you want by taking #rgrphotoaday on instagram or twitter when you post your interpretations of the daily prompts.