Whatever your favorite cafeteria line style Mexican joint is you may have been sucked into their delicious slightly sweet slight spicy shredded meat. This Barbacoa pork recipe is so yummy and easy. Pair it with the world’s best guacamole recipe or some homemade refried beans and you never have to leave the house.
With this simple recipe there’s no need to spend so much money on fast food and consume those gigantor portions.
This is one of my go to dinners because one batch makes TONS of pork which I just throw into the freezer and thaw in parts.
We love this meat in tacos. My fried food loving tastebuds of course loves the fried shells and my husband prefers does the soft shell thing.
But really, it’s a nice meal (that can be made into a salad if you prefer) which is super easy after the first time. The meat is so flavorful a little goes a long way.
Cafe Rio Barbacoa Recipe for the Crock Pot
This makes tons but you can freeze extras or use them as fillings for taquitos, enchiladas or even quesadillas.
- 4 lb pork roast
- 1 20 oz. coke (don’t do diet, this is the personal bottle size)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (7 oz) can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1/2-1 tsp ground dry mustard
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- Remove the peppers from the can of adobo sauce.
- Rinse peppers over the blender/food processor, with the coke, to get all yummy the sauce.
- Add 2 peppers if you want it spicy otherwise throw away the peppers (the sauce itself will still have kick).
- Rinse the can, over the blender/food processor, with the coke to get all the remaining sauce.
- Pour the rest of the coke in the blender/food processor.
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blend (make sure you have enough room, I had to do it in batches, it will bubble).
- Pour over roast in crock pot.
- After cooking 7-9 hours on low, remove and shred pork.
- Return to crock pot to simmer in sauce for one more hour.
You Also Might Love
This is hands down the most delicious guacamole recipe ever!
Super easy and great fitting homemade fabric face mask tutorial.
Crazy yummy and super easy Spinach Artichoke dip!
These homemade refried beans are so simple but they melt in your mouth and we love them with chips.
Very easy skirt tutorial. Perfect for teaching kids (and adults how to sew).