Crock Pot hot chocolate is so fun and easy. Slow cooker hot chocolate stays warm making it the perfect party treat. I love adding peanut butter for an extra twist but you can easily leave that out or doctor it up however you like. Add some peppermint to make Christmas hot chocolate!
If you don’t have a crock pot I’ve also included instruction for how to make Instant Pot hot chocolate using your electric pressure cooker or a regular pot on the stove top.
One of my favorite winter traditions, right up there with Christmas lights scavenger hunts, making homemade Christmas ornaments, and Christmas wontons is sipping on a delicious hot cocoa and this recipe for crockpot hot chocolate is one of the best hot chocolate recipes I’ve found!
What We Love About Crock Pot Hot Chocolate
There are a lot of things we love about making hot chocolate in the crock pot.
- Delicious and creamy. This makes the best hot chocolate.
- Stays warm for a long time. Perfect for parties or serving lots of people.
- Customizable. You can easily flavor the hot chocolate, my favorite is with peanut butter but you can play around with other flavors too!
- While you can make this with your crock pot or instant pot you can also make it on the stove.
More Party Recipes You’ll Love
My favorite time to have this crockpot hot chocolate is for parties so here are some of my favorite party food recipes!
- Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe – this appetizers is so good and crazy easy, my husband’s coworkers always sign him up to bring this to potlucks and company parties.
- Chili Cheese Pigs in a Blanket – perfect for when you want a heartier snack for the party or a super easy lunch.
- Crock Pot Lasagna Soup – this cheater recipe has minimal prep and all the delicious flavors of classic lasagna with the warmth and comfort of a soup.
Crock Pot Hot Chocolate Ingredients
I love this creamy hot chocolate recipe. I make this hot chocolate with chocolate chips and I think making sure you use really good quality chips pushes this over the edge.
- sweetened condensed milk – 14 ounce can
- evaporated milk – 12 ounce can
- whole milk – 6 cups
- vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- semi sweet chocolate chips – 2 cups of good quality
- peanut butter – 1 cup creamy (optional)
- marshmallows – you can use large or mini marshmallows. You can also play around with using flavored marshmallows. (optional)
- peanut butter cups – for extra fun chop up some peanut butter cups (my favorites are Trader Joe’s dark chocolate cups) and have them available as a topping when people serve themselves. (optional)
I absolute love the combo of peanut butter with chocolate but you can definitely make this without the peanut butter or change up the flavors as you like
Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate Variations
I love peanut butter in my hot chocolate the very most but if you want a traditional pure chocolate you can 100% leave the peanut butter out. There is no need to add something instead of the peanut butter just go ahead and leave it out.
Want a peanut free version but still like that taste? Feel free to substitute the peanut butter for sun butter made from sunflower seeds, almond butter, or even a mixed nut butter. Any of those should do.
You can even play around with adding your favorite flavoring baking and candy extracts. Make a Christmas hot chocolate by adding some peppermint extract
How to Make Hot Chocolate in the Crock Pot
It is easy to make this cream crock pot hot coco you just dump everything together and let the slow cooker do the work!
- Add everything except the chips. In your slow cooker add the sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, whole milk, vanilla and peanut butter.
- Whisk. Whisk everything in the instant pot until fully combined.
- Add the chocolate chips. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Cook. Set slow cooker on low and let cook for 2 hours stirring occasionally.
- Warm. Once chocolate is all melted turn to warm and serve!
- Toppings. Top with marshmallows or even chopped up peanut butter cup pieces.
Instant Pot Hot Chocolate
You don’t want to pressure cook this recipe because of all the dairy in it but you for sure an use your Instant Pot to make hot chocolate.
Add all the ingredients to your liner and turn it on sauté. Allow the mixture to melt and heat up. Stir constantly until the ingredients are fully incorporated and hit cancel to turn off the main heat. Next push keep warm so that the hot chocolate instant pot stays warm and ready to serve.
Hot Chocolate Without a Pot
If you don’t have a crock pot or Instant Pot you can still make this yummy hot cocoa! Just add all the ingredients to a hot heat up and simmer. You won’t have the convenience of keeping it warm with the slow cooker or electric pressure cooker but if you’re serving this right away this is a good option.
Crock Pot Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk 14 ounce can
- 1 can evaporated milk 12 ounce can
- 6 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter optional
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Marshmallows and Peanut Butter cups for topping optional
- In your slow cooker add the sweetened condensed milk, evaporated milk, whole milk, vanilla and peanut butter.
- Whisk until all combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Set slow cooker on low and let cook for 2 hours stirring occasionally.
- Once chocolate is all melted turn to warm and serve!
- Feel free to add marshmallows or chopped up peanut butter cups as fun toppings.
Instant Pot Hot Chocolate DirectionsAdd all the ingredients to your liner and turn it on sauté. Allow the mixture to melt and heat up. Stir constantly until the ingredients are fully incorporated and hit cancel to turn off the main heat. Next push keep warm so that the hot chocolate instant pot stays warm and ready to serve.
So easy right!?
You Also May Like:
Here are a few of my reader’s very favorites!
- Spinach Artichoke Dip – by far the easiest and most delicious appetizer, perfect for parties!
- Easy Lasagna Soup – fast and delicious and hits all the comfort food boxes.
- Delicious Creamy Chicken – yummy French inspired but made easy!
- Most Comfortable Face Mask – this 3D origami design is so easy to make and the most breathable style
- 50 Magical Harry Potter Projects – recipes, crafts, DIY, party ideas, and more