The Rotten Musician boys were over this weekend to watch a movie that used one of our songs +20 Broadsword. It’s the song that we did the music video for (watch it here if you’re interested in a laugh of awesomeness, note the link goes to youtube which will start automatically).
Even though I am up to my everything in costumes I felt like I needed to make them a little treat. I had everything for this on hand and it was super fast and easy. Plus I could veganize it easily for our one vegan bandmate. It’ll make your house smell like apple pie and it’s got that same satisfying taste but without all the work.
1 sheet of puff pastry (thawed)
2 Granny Smith Apples (peeled, cored and sliced)
2 TBS sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
2 TBS butter (or butter substitute) melted
2 TBS maple syrup
Vanilla Ice Cream to serve it with
- Cut the puff pastry into 6 pieces.
- Slice apples.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle half of this on the puff pastry.
- Top with apples. Sprinkle remaining cinnamon mixture on top.
- Drizzle with butter.
- Bake at 400 F for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Top with drizzle of maple syrup.
- Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Want more great food tricks?
My no fail chocolate covered strawberries trick makes having this tasty treat so easy.
I LOVE fried food but I’m trying to be healthier, thankfully this Oven Fried Chicken recipe is SO good and just as satisfying (and way less messy) as the real thing.