I’m joining in on The Broke and the Bookish‘s Top Ten Tuesday this week. It was just a such a fun theme I couldn’t resist. I must say that this question is a tad unfair because one of the things that really makes a book for me is whether I like the characters or not. So while I only picked one character per book I found myself thinking ooh but I really love him/her also the whole time. See what everyone else picked here.
In no particular order:
- Fire from Kristin Cashore’s Fire – I love her so much, seriously everything about her.
- Neville from The Harry Potter Books – What a wonderful friend. He’s brave in a real world way and always tries to do what is right.
- Ender from Orson Scott Card’s Ender and Shadow books – There’s a quote where one of the character says “So Ender, he tries to wake up the good part of you.” that’s quite an ability.
- Elisa from Rae Carson’s The Girl of Fire and Thorns – She’s strong and real and awesome. And I love how she grapples with her faith and her identity.
- Zuzanna from Laini Taylor’s Daughter of Smoke and Bone – I just thought she was a super fun character even though she was a side character and the book wasn’t my fav.
- Noah Shaw from Michelle Hodkin’s The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer – So yeah, besides being totally attractive, I love his sass and how he takes care of Mara.
- Cinna from Suzanne Collins’ The Hunger Games Trilogy – He was my favorite character. What a kind, lovely person. And he designed amazing clothing, how could I not love that?
- Frederick Theissen from Erin Morgenstern’s The Night Circus – He is the ultimate fan. I was kind of jealous of how he got to live his fandom in such a complete way.
- Rosa Huberman from Markus Zusak’s The Book Thief – She’s rough but she sure knows how to love.
- Jem Carstairs from Cassandra Clare’s Inferno Devices Series – He’s such a wonderful friend. Everyone needs a friend like him. He makes me want to be a better friend.