For the most part I am really good about buying books. We have such a wonderful library system that if I stay on top of my holds I can often get new releases the first week or two after it was released. I think part of my non-buying comes from having bought every philosophy book I have ever wanted in grad school most remained unread. In fact I have two big boxes to list on Amazon.
Now I only buy books on sale, pre-ordered at low prices, and usually only after I’ve already read them. With me going to so many signings like Dark Days that I shared about last week it’s really hard for me to resist buying a book just because the author is so nice and personable but I’m trying to put my foot down. So this isn’t a Top Ten list for me. This is actually my exhaustive list of books I HAD to buy that are still sitting on my shelf.
Oh and before you leave be sure to visit my link party an add any post you want to promote (even your TTT). A new one will start tomorrow evening but last week’s party is still up and I’m always trying to get more bookish posts since I’d like to feature some of you! I’m linking up with The Broke and the Bookish.
- Masque of the Red Death – what can I say it was one of my first signings – Smart Chicks Kick It – and Bethany was so cute and I had been really curious about her book before that.
- Everbound – I LOOOOOVED Everneath and needed to buy this at Brodi’s Everbound release party.
- Etiquette and Espionage – This was the book club pick for this month plus the cover was so stinking gorgeous but it ends up book club is meeting at the same time as my niece’s birthday party so I haven’t read more than a few pages of this.
- Pivot Point – Kasie was in town. The book sounded good. She was cute. I have a weakness for debut authors.
- Prodigy – I really liked Legend. I follow Marie Lu on twitter and she’s awesome and of course she was in town for the Breathless Reads Tour. I don’t regret this purchase one bit but I’d probably not have rushed to buy it if she weren’t coming through
- Unravel Me – Come on Tehareh is one of the nicest, funniest, sweetest people ever and she did a signing here. I really liked Shatter Me but I’m not sure if I would have bought the books if she weren’t in town. But everyone says Shatter Me is amazing so I’m happy to own them!
And even though I have confidence I’ll like each of these if you want a sure thing. check out my Books I Recommend Most Often posts. These are the books that I not only read and enjoyed and that I HAD to own as well but that I also find myself telling people “you’ve just got to read this!”