I had a few people asked for this recipe after I posted this in one my What’s For Dinner posts. We eat this a couple times a month, it’s easy, fast and yummy.
Makes 2 large portions (doubles and triples great)
Taco Mac and Cheese Recipe
- 1/4 to 1/2 lbs. Ground Beef (I’ve done both, just depends on what I have on hand and how meaty I feel)
- 2-4 TBS Taco Seasoning (really this depends on your own taste)
- 1TBS butter
- 2 TBS flour
- 1 C milk
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 to 1 C cheese (I use a taco blend but really any meltable cheese will work)
- 1 Avocado
- 4 oz. Elbow Macaroni
- 1/2 C Corn (optional)
- Cook pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking make taco meat. Brown meat add seasoning to your taste.
- Remove meat leaving grease in the pan. Add 1 TBS butter (you want a total of 2 TBS grease so adjust how much butter you add depending on how much grease is left from your meat)
- Add 2TBS flour and make a roux (just cook over medium heat until combined) over medium heat.
- Add 1 C milk a small part at a time. This should make a cream sauce.
- Add cheese and stir.
- Add taco meat and taste. Add salt and more taco seasoning to taste.
- Reserve 1 C pasta water. Drain pasta and add to sauce. Add some pasta water to thin the sauce if needed.
- Dish up and top with avocado (we usually do 1/4 avocado per bowl) . The contrast of the avocado is our favorite part of the dish.
More Delicious Recipes and Great Ideas
This recipe was wrestled from a pregnant girl and it was so worth it! World’s Best Guacamole Recipe
Crispy and Delicious Oven Fried Chicken (tastes and crunches like it’s deep fried)
How to sew a fabric face mask. Super easy and great fitting tutorial
Super delicious Butter Chicken Curry Recipe for the Instant Pot
This stuff is SO good and so easy. Crock Pot (or stove top) Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe.