I’m so excited that Kari and Vanessa asked me to be a part of their fun BBQ series. Today I’m sharing with you one of my go to take to a BBQ recipes. This Tollhouse Pie is pretty much a chocolate cookie lovers dream. It’s especially good warm and you can re-warm it by throwing it in the oven or the BBQ for a couple minutes when you get to your hosts. Take along some vanilla bean ice cream and you’ll be making a bunch of friends.
What You Need
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 C flour
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1/2 C melted and cooled butter
- 1 C semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 C chopped nuts or other type of chips (optional)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 deep dish frozen pie crust
What To Do
- Beat eggs to fluffy.
- Add flour, sugar, and brown sugar and stir to combine.
- Add melted and cooled butter.
- Add chocolate chips and any extras and vanilla. Stir until combined.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake at 325 F for about an hour and 15 minutes until it looks set.
- Serve with ice cream and enjoy.
This also keeps well and makes for great left overs when zapped in the microwave by the piece for about 30 seconds. I may or may not have been having a piece every day for breakfast last week. Just saying.