There is this bakery here a small chain that makes really addictive bread. After my friend Laurel gave me my first taste I spent 3 days trying get a hold of the bread. Unfortunately they sell out quick so you have to be there at the right time uggg. And it’s not like the closest store is on my normal route.
Any ways after reading the ingredients list I saw that it included “cinnamon chips”. I never new there even existed such a thing. Fast forward to a couple weeks ago and i was in the market and saw cinnamon chips on sale. Since I was on my bread making binge I knew it was just the right time to try it out. I think it came out pretty close. And it’s pretty yummy.
Great Harvest Cinnaburst Copycat Bread
1 cup warm milk
2 1/4 teaspoon yeast (1 pack)
1/2 T salt
4 1/2 to 5 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup cinnamon chips
- In mixer combine yeast, sugar, and warm water and milk; let bubble for about 5 minutes.
- Add in oil and egg.
- Slowly add 2 cups flour, mix and then add salt.
- Add 1/2 cup flour at a time until it comes away from side of bowl. Add the cinnamon chips when it gets close to the right consistency. The dough will be very sticky but the softer the dough the lighter the bread. So use the least amount of flour you can handle.
- Let rise in mixing bowl for about 30 minutes.
- Form into loaf (or whatever shape you want).
- Let rise and additional 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes.