I am so in love with my cowl that I made last week. I love how comfy those basic shirts are but they look so blah but I think a cowl with a fun print is just as just the perfect little pop.
The best part is that it uses a small bit of fabric and is super duper fast to make. I actually whipped one up for a birthday party we decided to go to an hour before we left. I know I’ll definitely be making more of these to come.
Not only is it the solution to boring old solid tops but it’s great when I’m just a little cold but a cardigan is a bit too warm. Oh plus it’s technically reversible.
What You Need to Make a Cowl
- 1/4 yard outside fabric
- 1/4 yard inside fabric (I used fleece but I think flannel or just cotton would be great for a lighter one)
How to Make a Cowl
- Cut your pieces down to 9 inches by 30 inches
- With right sides together sew the long sides of the fabric together making a tube.
- Right side out the tube you have just made and iron.
- Tuck the edges under of the on end and iron.
- Tuck the other side into the ironed end to form the cowl shape. Sew down.
You may also like:
Make a cute cat face mask and you can do the behind the neck style if you want!
This is my go to teach someone to sew project. 20 minute basic skirt tutorial.
Giant list of must read books for Harry Potter fans!