I am so in love with my cowl that I made last week. The best part is that it uses a small bit of fabric and is super duper fast to make. I actually whipped one up for a birthday party we decided to go to an hour before we left. I know I’ll definitely be making more of these to come.
I love how comfy those basic shirts are but they look so blah but I think a cowl with a fun print is just as just the perfect little pop. Not only is it the solution to boring old solid tops but it’s great when I’m just a little cold but a cardigan is a bit too warm. Oh plus it’s technically reversible.
What You Need
- 1/4 yard outside fabric
- 1/4 yard inside fabric (I used fleece but I think flannel or just cotton would be great for a lighter one)
What To Do
- Cut your pieces down to 9 inches by 30 inches
- With right sides together sew the long sides of the fabric together making a tube.
- Right side out the tube you have just made and iron.
- Tuck the edges under of the on end and iron.
- Tuck the other side into the ironed end to form the cowl shape. Sew down.