There is this bakery here a small chain that makes really addictive bread. After my friend Laurel gave me my first taste I spent 3 days trying get a hold of the bread.
Unfortunately they sell out quick so you have to be there at the right time uggg. And it’s not like the closest store is on my normal route.
Any ways after reading the ingredients list I saw that it included “cinnamon chips”. I never new there even existed such a thing. Fast forward to a couple weeks ago and I was in the market and saw cinnamon chips on sale.
Since I was on my bread making binge I knew it was just the right time to try it out. I think it came out pretty close. And it’s pretty yummy.
Great Harvest Cinnaburst Copycat Bread Recipe
This recipe is a bit involved for a newbie bread maker but it’s really not that tricky. And I promise it is so worth it. This stuff is delicious!
What You Need To Make a Cinnaburst Loaf
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoon yeast (1 pack)
- 1/3 cup oil (I used veggie oil)
- 1/2 T salt
- 1 egg
- 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup cinnamon chips
How to Make Great Harvest Cinnamon Bread
- In mixer combine yeast, sugar, and warm water and milk; let bubble for about 5 minutes.
- Add in oil and egg.
- Slowly add 2 cups flour, mix and then add salt.
- Add 1/2 cup flour at a time until it comes away from side of bowl. Add the cinnamon chips when it gets close to the right consistency. The dough will be very sticky but the softer the dough the lighter the bread. So use the least amount of flour you can handle.
- Let rise in mixing bowl for about 30 minutes.
- Form into loaf (or whatever shape you want).
- Let rise and additional 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes.
Makes 2 loaves.
Let me know if you try this out and what you think.
You also may like:
Love the brown bread? This Cheesecake Factory copycat bread recipe tastes just like the stuff at the restaurant.
5 Minute Waffle Recipe made from pantry ingredients!
The best spinach artichoke dip ever and it’s so so easy to put together!
Great list to send to new parents. These are helpful tricks that people don’t usually remember to share.
I love this oven fried chicken recipe, it tastes and crunches like deep fried but way healthier for you and way less mess.