In celebration of Valentine’s Day week I’m sharing some of my favorite YA romances. And you know me I rarely read a book without powers or fighting but these are all books I really liked that made me swoon over their romantic bits. I’m linking up at The Broke and the Bookish.
- All the Graceling Books – Seriously Kristin Cashore has a way with romance, and fighting, and powers. The love stories in these books are some of my favorites.
- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer – Oh Noah Shaw, need I say more? Is their relationship healthy, umm probably not but with all the psychoness that is happening to Mara thank goodness she’s got Noah to help her through. The sequel while definitely creepier has just as much lovely romance.
- The Night Circus – There is a line that reads “I have been surrounded by love letters you two have built each other for years, encased in tents.” and that’s really how the book felt to me.
- Vampire Academy – Oh Dimitri oh Adrian. Richelle Mead can make one fine romance with a bunch of butt-kicking thrown in.
- Anna and the French Kiss – Falling in love in Paris with a boy with a hot accent? Okay sure. And this is a good old contemporary no powers no sci-fi one.
- Crown of Embers – It’s not the main focus of the book but something about the little flickers of romance are so great to me. I just adore Elisa and there is just something so mature but very romantic about the relationship here. Plus kissing in sewers, am I right? (This is the second book in a series of which I adored the first Girl of Fire and Thorns just as much)
- Covenant Books – The chemistry between these characters is just so strong and you can’t help but feel it too. Steamy I tell you, with fighting, I like fighting.
- Grave Mercy – Fighting nuns, a slow developing romance in a castle, so much fun.
- Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares – Love the awkwardness of these two and watching their little romance grow, such a sweet story. Another contemporary.
- Die for Me – A French boy, in France whose just an all around admirable guy and super attractive with a fun paranormal twist.
- Infernal Devices – Cassie Clare can write some mighty attractive male folk but I am definitely partial to the romance between Mr. Will Herondale and Ms. Tessa Gray. Triple swoon.
What are some of your favorite romances? Who did I forget?
Don’t forget to come back tomorrow to link up your favorite posts at my What We Wore, Read, and Made Link Party (TTT posts are welcome)! And if you’re a fan of the Beautiful Creatures books you can see what I thought of the Beautiful Creatures movie and make sure to check back in later this week for a fun giveaway.