In celebration of Valentine’s Day week I’m sharing some of my favorite YA romances. And you know me I rarely read a book without powers or fighting but these are all books I really liked that made me swoon over their romantic bits. I’m linking up at The Broke and the Bookish.
- All the Graceling Books – Seriously Kristin Cashore has a way with romance, and fighting, and powers. The love stories in these books are some of my favorites.
- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer – Oh Noah Shaw, need I say more? Is their relationship healthy, umm probably not but with all the psychoness that is happening to Mara thank goodness she’s got Noah to help her through. The sequel while definitely creepier has just as much lovely romance.
- The Night Circus – There is a line that reads “I have been surrounded by love letters you two have built each other for years, encased in tents.” and that’s really how the book felt to me.
- Vampire Academy – Oh Dimitri oh Adrian. Richelle Mead can make one fine romance with a bunch of butt-kicking thrown in.
- Anna and the French Kiss – Falling in love in Paris with a boy with a hot accent? Okay sure. And this is a good old contemporary no powers no sci-fi one.
- Crown of Embers – It’s not the main focus of the book but something about the little flickers of romance are so great to me. I just adore Elisa and there is just something so mature but very romantic about the relationship here. Plus kissing in sewers, am I right? (This is the second book in a series of which I adored the first Girl of Fire and Thorns just as much)
- Covenant Books – The chemistry between these characters is just so strong and you can’t help but feel it too. Steamy I tell you, with fighting, I like fighting.
- Grave Mercy – Fighting nuns, a slow developing romance in a castle, so much fun.
- Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares – Love the awkwardness of these two and watching their little romance grow, such a sweet story. Another contemporary.
- Die for Me – A French boy, in France whose just an all around admirable guy and super attractive with a fun paranormal twist.
- Infernal Devices – Cassie Clare can write some mighty attractive male folk but I am definitely partial to the romance between Mr. Will Herondale and Ms. Tessa Gray. Triple swoon.
What are some of your favorite romances? Who did I forget?
Don’t forget to come back tomorrow to link up your favorite posts at my What We Wore, Read, and Made Link Party (TTT posts are welcome)! And if you’re a fan of the Beautiful Creatures books you can see what I thought of the Beautiful Creatures movie and make sure to check back in later this week for a fun giveaway.
JOIN THE COOL KIDS
Get quick and easy recipes + crafts straight to your inbox!
Belle of the Literati says
Oh my gosh, LOVE Elisa and Hector! They totally made my list! I adore Will and Tessa, too! They didn’t make my list but I wish they would have! :) Love your list!
Great list! The Night Circus is such a lovely book, isn’t it? =)
Here’s my TTT for this week =)
Joana Bettencourt says
Anna & St. Clair made my list too. Great choices!
Here’s my Top Ten: http://www.best-of-ya.blogspot.com
I am getting ready to read Graceling soon!
marissa | Rae Gun Ramblings says
it is SOOOO good I hope you like it
Danica Page says
Wow! Great list of couples and a great reminder if all the books I need to read. I’m about to read graceling and can’t wait, but yes Anna and St. Clair are cute.
Thanks for sharing!
Here’s my post
~Danica@Taking It One Page at a Time
Yes, I love Dash and Lily too. I imagine them together and they are soooo cute :)
I debated whether or not to put Will and Tessa on coz I do love them. Great list :)
Your list is so great! Grave Mercy and Crown of Embers had amazing romance! I should have put them on my list! =/
My Top Ten
Divergent Gryffindor says
Anna and the French Kiss and VA totally! I wish I could grab Etienne, Adrian or Dimitri out to be my Valentine this year, lol :))
My Top Ten Favorite Romances
The Watcher Giveaway
The Boys of Summer Giveaway
You made me laugh with your comment on how healthy Noah and Mara’s relationship is. It’s definitely NOT healthy. But I love them anyway :) I’m still new on the VA love (I read the first two books last week) but WOW. Richelle Mead has a Gift for creating hot guys. I really need to start TID btw! Clary and Jace are on my list, but I’ve heard TID is even more amazing :) I really like your list!
I absolutely can not believe I forgot about Dimitri and Rose. Great list! There are quite a few books listed that I’ve had on my to-read list for a long time… so perhaps it’s time I finally give them a go, especially with the promise of good romance plots :D
We have some of the same!~! Po & Katsa were my number 11 I wish I would have added them! LOL
Great great list!
here’s my Top Ten Tuesday
I agree with and each and every one of your choices! Awesome list.
Nikki @ Imaginative Adventure
Totally agree with Anna and the French Kiss! It makes me want to go back to Paris so badly.
Love Noah & Mara so much. I agree they have their issues, but Mara is going through so much that I love how Noah sticks by her. I’m also dying to read The Night Circus, but just haven’t gotten to it yet. I seriously need a few more hours in the day to read!
Karis Jacobstein says
I’m so glad to see Graceling on your list! Katsa and Po are one of all time favorite literary couples! Great list!
Check out my TOP TEN! Also, I’m hosting a GIVEAWAY, so check it out too!
Jenni Elyse says
I love seeing Graceling on your list! It’s one of my favorites and so few people have read it or loved it like I did. :D
My Top Ten Tuesday Post
Awesome list! I am Team Jem though. :) Also Rose and Dimitri…can’t believe I forgot them! Such an epic romance!
Thanks for stopping by!
What a great review! Thank you for sharing with us at the #HomeMattersParty