I’ve been wanting to try my hand at making a Frozen Butterbeer Recipe ever since I visited The Wizarding World of Harry Potter a few years ago. Since we’re closing out this year’s Happy Harry Potter series I thought it was the perfect time. This recipe is so easy and yummy you’ll feel like you’re at The Three Broomsticks.
Butterbeer is a butterscotch drink. In the Harry Potter books it’s served in Hogsmeade at The Three Broomsticks and The Hog’s Head. In Diagon Alley wizards can get the delicacy at The Leaky Cauldron.
Luckily making your own is super easy. The recipe below is portioned to make 2 generous servings but it can easily be increased or decreased according to your needs. Don’t worry about the exact measurements it’s more about getting a flavor and consistency you like. The way I like it (which is the way it’s served in Potterland) it should be the consistency of a frappacino.
Frozen Butterbeer Recipe
- 2 Scoops Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2 C Ice Cubes
- 1-2 C Cream Soda
- 2-3 TBS Butterscotch Sauce
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Add the Ice cream, ice and 1 cup of soda to a blender and mix.
- Add more soda if needed for a thinner consistency.
- Once blended add a generous squeeze of butterscotch sauce and blend. You want to add it at the end since it tends to clump to the side of you add it from the start. I also recommend grabbing a pack of Wet-Nap wipes since the butterscotch is SO sticky and stringy that you’ll want to be able to wipe your hands quickly and easily. I find this works the best. I found mine at Walmart. They have them in the napkin isle and sometimes in the hygiene isle by other baby and lady wipes.
- Pour into cup and if using whipped cream add that.
- Then finish with an extra drizzle of butterscotch sauce.
And just because it was so ridiculous let me share some behind the scene shots. Unless you’re a blogger yourself you probably don’t really get how silly those of us who blog are. We make food at weird times so we can photograph with optimal light. Our family members all ask if we got a picture before they take their first bite and and then there is the race to get the shot when the item is melty.
THIS is what happened when I was trying to get the perfect pic of the butterbeer. Seriously I went to move the cup to get another angle and some of the deliciousness had pooled on my posterboard ack. AND it was all over my hands and I was juggling a camera. Thankfully I had the Wet-Nap wipes close by since they are sponsoring this post so with Daniel juggling the wiggly baby and me not wanting to get my camera all sticky I cleaned up my hands quickly and was able to get it off the poster board without damaging it too. It’s like it was meant to be ha.
I like the Wet-Nap wipes because they are made for people so they moisturize while still being strong. Somethings I get weired out using cleaning wipes too much on my skin but it’s nice since the Wet-Nap kind work for stuff too in a pinch. If you want to try them make sure to print this coupon out while supplies last. So there you go. My slobby bloggy mess. But it was worth it to have some yummy butterbeer.